Saturday, February 20, 2010

Squatters (natural gas danger)

From Chuck:

February 19th at approximately 2 PM while in the 2800 block of Avalon, I noticed an odor of exhaust from natural gas from 2825 Avalon (a house that has been vacant for at least 6 weeks). I looked at the roof line, and noticed heat waves coming from a roof jack, over the garage area. I detemined that it was an exhaust vent for the water heater. I talked to the neighbor across the street, and he said that he hadn't seen anyone at the house. (Due to the recent incident(s), of house explosions, caused by natural gas leaks, the Sheriff's department was called. The garage door was not locked. No information on whether the Sheriff's department responded or not.

If you are in the proximity of a vacant house, please be aware of transients using it. If necessary, call PG&E and SMUD, to completely disconnect the services to the address to make it less desirable to squatters and less dangerous for neighboring houses.

No comments:

Post a Comment