Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Suspicious Solicitor, Vandalism

Sunday after dark, (May 23) while I was getting my kids to bed (8:45ish), a young man came to our door and knocked several times loudly until I answered (scaring my son). He said he was collecting money for his youth basketball team and only needed ten more dollars and if I donated I would get an authentic Kings jersey in the mail within 3 days. Of course I declined but I think it's good to remind our neighbors that pretty much no legitimate youth organizations send young people out to solicit door-to-door. I estimate that we get one of these guys or girls every couple of months or so.

Thanks,
Deana


Sunday evening teenage neighbor across the street came by and asked if we saw anyone spraypaint the back window of their car. We were in the backyard most of the day and didn’t witness anything.

Yesterday, I was walking to the school (11am) and noticed two spraypainted messages on our fence (facing Marilona, intersecting Avalon). I did report to Sac Sheriff online and thought I’d let neighbors know of this suspicious activity. If anyone saw anything, please let myself or the Sheriff’s office know.

Sheriff candidates address community concerns on Thursday may 27 at 7pm, and the Arcade church, 3927 Marconi Ave.

No comments:

Post a Comment