Monday, June 7, 2010

Scam at Rite Aid

From Chuck:

I visited the Rite Aid, once yesterday and again today. On both occasions, I was approached by a black male in his late teens/early twenties, (each time it was a different person, but the same basic description). The first time the individual said he was raising money for an Elk Grove basketball team, and showed me a piece of folded paper with a name and number on it. The name was Patricia, and the number was ***-**** (Patricia probably doesn't need her number openly published). I told the individual I would give Patricia a call, and walked into the store. Patricia, who answered the phone told me that it was a scam, and to call the police. I informed an employee, and she went outside but the individual had left. I also called the sheriff, but they said that if he was gone, there was nothing they could do. Today when I encountered the different individual, I told him that he should leave before I called the sheriff, which he did. The piece of paper had 6-7 names and phone numbers, apparently from people who have already "contributed."

Be aware and do not fall for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment