Thursday, July 8, 2010

"Need Gas" con--potential for home invasion

From Lynn on July 5th:

At about 1:00 PM today (July 5), I had my front door open (and locked) on the Eastern side of Duran Circle, when a nice Gold Metallic medium sized truck pulled up in front and began honking his horn to get me to come outside. A man approximately in his 40s was waving "hi" at me like he was an old friend and had a light-brown complexed woman with blond hair with him. He wanted to know if my husband was home, and when he would be back (I'm widowed). He then began telling me he was the grandson of "Rose" down the street (and pointed to the house where an senior male adult does reside with his wife) and that her husband had a respiratory attack last night, had to be taken to Davis Hospital, and then was transferred to Santa Rosa. He wanted gas money to get to Santa Rosa. He was telling me Santa Rosa had special equipment he needed that Davis didn't have. When I refused him, he had that was alright, and pointed down to Larry's house, and said "Paul" would help him out. I called Larry, and said there weren't any "Paul"s around his house or a Gold Metallic truck outside.

Please pass this to the neighborhood Alert list - BOLO! Larry suggested I contact you to put out an alert.

Lynn, another incident, of the same type (ish) occured on Villa Vista. on Tuesday, July 6th. The vehicle was a smaller red pickup and was occupied by a short stocky male with black hair and mustache, and in his 40's. In both cases the individuals tried to convince the intended victims that they knew someone local and requested a favor or assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment