Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Truck Break-In

From Geoff:

Here’s what happened with my truck (2000 block of Ione): The thief had previously threatened on my website to come back and break into my truck. He made good on that threat last night.

At 12:40 am, a car turned onto Ione from northbound Eastern, made a u-turn and pulled up (lights out) next to my truck, which was parked on the street in front of my house.

He (or they) then climbed in the bed of the truck, broke out the rear center window of the cab and climbed in. He spent over 10 minutes destroying my dash to steal my stereo. He or they drove off at 12:50, only to return a few minutes later and park next to my truck again, this time leaving his headlights on but only staying for 3 minutes. He never got my stereo out of the truck. He got the unit out of the dash, but apparently couldn’t get the cables free. The only thing that I’m sure was taken was a silver Sony DSC-T1 digital camera (which doesn’t work).

Note that Geoff runs the site http://www.ardenthief.com/ and that this break in is surely in retaliation for his work. Something is very wrong when criminals brazenly victimize lawful citizens trying to take back their neighorbhood.

1 comment:

  1. Andrew, send me an email (kingstv@gmail.com) when you have a chance.

    ReplyDelete