Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Suspicious Silver Sedan

Multiple reports have come in on the car mentioned in the last post:

2500 block Catalina reports:

8:25 (not indicated AM or PM) a silver car with HUGE wheels ( you can't miss it) drove by my house on Catalina 2500 block very slow looking at my house. Not sure if he was scoping out the neighborhood but I found it very odd. Please keep an eye out on your property!


2800 block of Ione reports:

I see this car driving up and down Ione all the time. I just now saw it at Marconi and Eastern at 12:30. It looked like 2 black males in their 20's. The driver has long hair...maybe dread locks. Hope this helps.


Another 2800 block Ione reports:

Is this vehicle fairly newer model in good condition and sits up a little high? If so, I have seen it down Marconi with the music blasting and an African American male in it probably in his early 20's. I would see it when I was off work.


3800 block Kings Way reports:


Perhaps this is the license number you may be looking for: 6HKL642 Buick Sedan with a slightly darker or lighter color on the side of the vehicle.


I just happen to have saved the license in my phone, because my friend and I were walking over by Presentation School (Norris & Robertson) about a month ago and this particular vehicle had parked in front of the school with one individual in the passenger seat. Then we saw two others walking back from Silvercrest Street with a black trash bag heading for the car. We thought it was a bit suspicious, but kept walking a few seconds later we turned back to see them looking in my friend’s car parked across the street from them. We probably shouldn’t have but we ran back towards them asking them what they thought they were doing. They called us a few choice words then took off. I’ve since seen them turning off El Camino onto one of the streets that leads into Lasuen.


The driver of the vehicle is a tall African American with shoulder length braids.

Maryal Drive reports:

I have noticed the vehicle you mention in your email and in fact have seen it several times while on dog walks around DPM elementary school, and on Ione St., where the street ends in front of the school. As recently as last night (Mon. Oct. 18), just after 7 p.m., I noticed the vehicle going very slowly down Ione St. It then turned left from Ione onto Maryal, and proceeded around the corner of the front of the school. I believe it then turned left again on the continuing Ione St., headed toward Marconi. I assumed it was a new resident in the area; that's how often I've seen it in the area. Didn't really take notice of a driver or occupants; I'm thinking the windows may be slightly tinted (although I believe that's illegal in our state).

[Note--it is illegal to have even a slight tint on your front windows. My car was sold to me that way, and I had to have it removed after a fix-it ticket.]

The vehicle parks at, the Amber Grove Apartment complex, in the 4000 block of Marconi Avenue, (between town and country Lutheran church, and Arcade Baptist church). Considering the number of reports, and suspicious activities in these reports, I would suggest that if you observe this car "cruising" through your area, call the sheriff's non-emergency number, 874-5115 and press 0. This information has also been forwarded to Sherri Carhart, our new sheriff dept. crime prevention co-ordinator.

No comments:

Post a Comment