Monday, January 24, 2011

Suspicious Activity, Theft, Burglary, Scavengers

SUSPISCIOUS PERSONS Saturday, Jan 22, 2011 6:50PM Del Paso Manor Elementary School

I just wanted to let you know that something odd and a bit creepy happened on my early evening walk with my dog last night. It was about 6:50 pm last night as I was circling Del Paso Manor Elementary school with my dog. We were walking on Avalon and approaching one of the school yard entrances. Mind you, the schoolyard was dark and appeared empty. There was no function going on at the school. Two middle aged (appeared to be) men crossed the street from Annette Way. They barely glanced at me as they entered the schoolyard. For whatever reason, I felt a bit off all of a sudden. I continued walking but noticed they were heading straight through the school yard.

As I turned onto Marilona and kept walking, I could see their shadows walking. As I got closer to the school buildings, all of a sudden, they turned right and in my direction. I immediately crossed to the other side of the street and slowed down. There were no people or cars out, and I felt uncomfortable. I could see their shapes stop all of a sudden behind a smaller building, like a larger tool shed. This is located not too far from the sidewalk. I stopped immediately and turned around. I walked about 30 feet and looked back. Cars started coming, so I resumed my walk in the direction of Kings Way. As I got closer, the men finally stepped out of the shadows and came onto the sidewalk. I was still across the street and quite frankly, I glared at them. They had their heads down and never glanced at me. They quickly started walking back on the sidewalk but in the direction where they came from!

I have no idea what they were doing but I will tell you, it was not a good feeling. There are times I can see teenagers sitting in the dark in that schoolyard. Anyway, I wanted to pass that along. It could have been a harmless occurrence but my gut tells me otherwise.

Note: Trust your instincts. They've developed for a reason. The Gift of Fear is a book that explains this in greater detail.
PROPERTY THEFT Friday, January 21, 2011 10:30 PM 2500 block of Cambon

Just wanted to let you know that I had some of my solar lights stolen tonight. Sometime before 10:30 pm. They took the ones on the North side of my front porch, when they move closer to the center the porch light comes on.

RECYCLING SCAVENGERS Friday, January 21, 2011 (morning) 2800 block Alamitos

Noticed a man going through my recycling can this morning. Was a little frightened to yell at him, but I was hopping mad. Then he went on to neighbor’s house. I left a message for the recycling coordinator just now. Any more we can do? He was by himself dressed in all black with a hood over his head. Didn't see anyone or any other car with him. After I got off the phone I looked towards Marconi and didn't see him.

Thought you would want to know.

Note: scavenging is going to happen, however, I have seen these people, actually go up to the house, (not on a garbage day), and go through the trash, and recyclables. Call the Sheriff's department. ANYTIME they approach your house. Non emergency dispatch may be reached at (916) 874-5115.

PACKAGE THEFT Friday, January 21, 2011 3800 block Kings Way

3 packages were stolen of of the porch of a house on Kings Way. Each one weighed approx 30 lbs, and were left by Fed Ex. The recipient was home, but did not hear a knock at the door.

RESIDENTIAL BURGLARY Saturday, January 15, 2011. 8:30 AM 2800 block of Barbarell (reported by the Sac Sheriff Cyberwatch. No further details at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment