Thursday, November 22, 2012

Vehicle Burglaries

Chuck sends:  Well the quiet spell is over, these were reported in the last two days.

3700 Block of Font on Tuesday, November 20, 2012

My car parked in my driveway was opened and gone through.  There was some cash taken as well as a few cards for free car washes and the most valuable thing was an iPod.  I normally always lock my car but came in last evening with an arm load of items and may have forgotten.  There were no signs of a break-in.  The irony of it all is I'm in a court and generally the only one who has a lot of lights on as well as motion lights that shine brightly on my car.  My dog was barking to the front of the house last night and I should have paid more attention.  I just assumed it was a cat cruising through to get him all riled up.  Whoever went through my stuff searched through everything and I mean everything as it was a mess when I opened it up this afternoon.  It's not horrible as it can all be replaced but the iPod was given to me by Jim and he put all my personal favorites on there and I think of him when I'm driving around.....just sentimental.  I guess plus it's always creepy when someone goes through your personal things. Sure makes me wish I had a garage!

[Please note that if you had insurance information in your car, you may want to sign up with an identity protection service, as it can be used in identity theft if it was taken.]

2500 Block of Maryal, Tuesday, November 20, 2012

My truck was ransacked last night, I may have forgotten to lock it, but just thought I would share...near Avalon & Maryal.  Nothing was actually taken.
I will call the Sheriff & let them know.

Someone is walking through the Hood & checking doors...don't forget to lock up!

3700 Block of Duran Circle, Tuesday, November 20, 2012

An unlocked vehicle parked in the driveway was ransacked.  Only loose change was taken.

2600 Block of Ione and 2600-2700 Block of Maryal, Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Over the weekend, someone slashed numerous cars' tires on Ione Street and I believe on Maryal, as well.

Reminders from Chuck 

Remember, it gets darker earlier and lasts longer.  In addition, people tend to stay indoors with the colder/wetter weather and this gives thieves more time and less chance of being seen.  Lock your vehicles, and remove any valuables.

If you have security lighting, make sure it works properly. "Dual-brite" lights are nice, because they always give some light until they detects motion, whereupon they brighten up.

Enjoy your holidays, be safe, and protect your property.

A note from me:

Be sure to say hi to your neighbors.  Be sure to look for the normal cars and patterns in your neighborhood.  If you see something out of the ordinary, call the police and call your neighbors.  If I had to guess, I'd suspect all Tuesday's incidents were perpetrated by the same person or group.  If we'd been paying attention, we might have had them apprehended by the police.  Let's make sure nobody gets to engage in that kind of spree again.

No comments:

Post a Comment