Saturday, March 16, 2013

Recycling Scavengers going too far

From Chuck:


A warning!  This morning my wife went out to deposit some last minute garbage in the can before the pick up and returned asking if the garbage truck had come yet.  It hadn't.

(I keep the recycle can close to the house until morning on recycling pick up days because of scavengers).  In any case it seems that someone removed our trash bag as it was convenient to grab the bag and go.
(I was awoken twice and noticed a minivan come into the court I live on at approximately 3:15 AM and a different one at 4:25 AM)  In the future I will be either cutting the bottom of the bag as it goes into the can, or dumping the contents.

Editor's note:  This is really bad because recycling and garbage scavenging, besides bringing down the resale value of your home, serves as an easy cover for identity theft.  Shred any identity-bearing documents.

No comments:

Post a Comment