Thursday, November 11, 2010

Auto Burglaries 2400 block of Catalina, Laverne St. and nearby neighborhoods

The Toyota PU reported stolen off Hazelwood was recovered in Carmichael.

Monday, November 8th:

This morning when I went to get in my car I noticed that my son had forgotten to lock his car last night - someone got into it during the night and tried to get his stereo out - they didn't succeed but did break it. Unfortunately this kind of thing happens alot around our area - of course he should have locked his car - and usually does - but to know that someone is walking around our neighborhood checking for unlocked cars really bothers me. Please let everyone know so they can be more vigilent - we live in the 2400 block of Catalina


Tuesday, November 9th:

I guess it was last night or early this morning when someone broke into my car (1999 Honda Accord)parked in my driveway ( La Verne Way ) and:

· broke the driver’s side front window and glass is all over the inside of the car pry marks are on the driver’s side door at the top and side

· stripped the inside panels off all four doors

· emptied the ashtray of my coins (about $3-5 worth)

· went through the glove compartment and the arm rest (front and back) checking for anything to steal

· removed the driver side front tire (fairly new) but left it laying on the ground (why?)

· I cannot get into the trunk to see what is or is not there.

· a lug wrench and its plastic pocket was laying on the ground (I think it might be from the trunk)

· a jack is hold up the front of my car – I assume it is my jack

· stole the battery (about two years old)

· took the caps off the engine block (why?) – could they have poured something down into the block?

· a rug mat was laying several feet away from the car; did they drop it?

· I cannot find the hood prop, but maybe I just didn’t see it I was so upset


Nearby neighborhood incidents, near Mira Loma High School:

Wednesday, November 10th

I received a call from a neighbor on Wood Pointe Circle telling me that his neighbor's Truck Camper Shell was broken into last weekend. He wanted me to let our neighbors know

Near Cowan Fundamental School:

Wednesday, November 10th

Last night a car window was smashed in on Eastwood, here are the details from their email:

I'm on the 3200 block of Eastwood (near the Regent end). This morning I realized that my driver's side window was smashed. I had been parked on the street. I don't think they took anything, but they did go through my change compartments.
I looked outside last night at around 4 am and it looked like my car windows were steamed up, but I didn't think anything of it at the time. I think I may have interrupted the guy, because he didn't take the $5 from my work vest or the can of pepper spray in my glove compartment.
I did file a report with the Sheriff's Office.

As a friendly reminder, please leave your porch lights on at night.

1 comment:

  1. One thing you may want to pass on to car burglary victims: If you think there are fingerprints left (items with smooth surfaces have been moved), the ACE (Auto Crimes Enforcement) team's CSI will fingerprint the items and/or the vehicle. I chatted with with Deputy Wilson while she dusted my truck for prints and she wanted me to encourage neighbors to report everything, no matter how small (so when they DO catch someone with tons of stolen property, they can pin all the crimes to that person. The SSD recently arrested two people they suspected had committed at least 40 car burglaries). Also, she said fingerprinting may not solve a crime immediately, but the prints are compared with everyone booked for the next 5 years (the statute of limitations on burglary) and if that person can be charged with any crime that his prints are associated with.

    ACE CSI direct number: 916-875-1767 -- Leave a message and be patient, there is only 1 CSI and she only works a few days a week (she's actually retired and volunteers her time)

    ReplyDelete