I have attached some additional budget information I have recently received. Please feel free to share this information with friends, family and neighbors who live work and work in Sacramento County .The Additional Information she attached:
As of now, the Marconi Station Service Center is slotted to remain open…However; the plan is to continue to have me serve the citizens of Arden Arcade, unfortunately they are planning to remove me from the Marconi Station Service Center and over to the Garfield Station in Carmichael. I appreciate your comments and concerns in regards to this circumstance and will continue to forward your letters and emails of concern to the Sheriff and/or Division Commander.
Again, the North Central Division Community Zone Meetings are still scheduled as follows:
Zone 2&4 Tuesday, July, 7, 2009 at 6pm
Zone 1&3 Tuesday July 14, 2009 at 6pm
Apparently there was some misinformation in regards to the meeting time on the last email I sent. THE CORRECT TIME OF THESE MEETINGS IS 6pm.
Thank you to all… your continued willingness to support and be involved in your community is to be commended!
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or comments in regards to this matter.
Crime Prevention Specialist
Sacramento Sheriff's Department
North Central Division
- The Sac County Sheriff’s Dept currently patrols 844 Square Miles and serves over half a million citizens.
- This fiscal year the Sheriff Dept has taken $57 Million of the County of Sacramento’s $180 Million budget deficit.
- That amount of money has caused the Sheriff’s Dept to cut 209 FULL TIME DEPUTIES, 50 civilian Employees AND OVER 400 ON CALL DEPUTIES come August 1, 2009.
- Although the Sheriffs Department makes up only 7% of the county budget, the department is being held responsible for 31% of the 2009‐2010 total deficit.
- To help ease the deficit, deputies voted to give up the raises they were contracted to receive for the next two years, while the Board of Supervisors allocated $8.6 MILLION TO THE GOLF FUND (a program designed to maintain aging county golf courses, which in 2005 was stated to be a self‐sufficient program) (SACBEE.COM).
BECAUSE OF THE LOOMING STAFFING SHORTAGE
- Proactive Law Enforcement activities will BE SEVERELY DIMINISHED.
- The 38 cars currently patrolling will be reduced to 10 cars, pre-1970 patrol staffing levels (SACBEE.COM).
- Service Centers, Air Operations, and Problem Oriented Policing (POP) will cease to exist.
- If your business or your home has been burglarized, robbed, embezzled, or stolen from, YOU MAY NOT GET A RESPONSE!
SACRAMENTO BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
District 1: Roger Dickson (916) 874-5485 firstname.lastname@example.org
District 2: Jimmie Yee (916) 874-5481 email@example.com
District 3: Susan Peters (916) 874-5471 firstname.lastname@example.org
District 4: Roberta MacGlashan (916) 874-5491 email@example.com
District 5: Don Nottoli (916) 874-5465 firstname.lastname@example.org
SACRAMENTO BOARD OF SUPERVISORS MEETING
Come have your voice heard!!
When: Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Time: TBA (9:30 am or 2:00 pm)
Where: County Administration Center, 700 H Street Room 1450
WHY: Tell your Board of Supervisors that your safety matters and help keep Sacramento County…YOUR COMMUNITY… a thriving place to live and work!!
If you cannot attend the meeting, please take the time to call or email your concerns, thoughts and opinions to the Board immediately!