Saturday, August 22, 2015

Burglary, Attempted Burglary

Monday, August 17, 2015:

2500 block of Butano 

A house was broken into today (8/17) sometime between 11:30 AM and 3:30 PM. The front door was kicked in. . As most of you know, this is a very busy street, and this break in occurred in the middle of the day. Very brazen. What a sad state of affairs.

3900 block of Kings way

Today at about  4:30 I heard my doorbell ring, (I was in the garage) so I came in to answer door thinking it was [my spouse] home from work. As I was nearing the front door I heard the door knob "wiggling", again thinking it was my [spouse], so I opened the door to find a young man 18 to 21 yrs. old I would guess. He appeared to have been looking in the window by the front door. When I opened the door he took a couple of steps back and said "Oh I was just dropping this paper off to you."

It was an ad type of paper put out by the Sac Bee and wrapped in pink cellophane. He did not have any other papers that he was carrying, or a bag with more papers to hand out. He handed the paper to me, quickly turned and walked away heading west down Kings Way. His car was black and was parked in front of [a neighbor's] house. He got in the drivers door and quickly drove off continuing west on Kings Way.  

His description: Black male, 5'9" to 6'1", wearing white T shirt and Tan shorts. I could not see his license plate, nor do I know the make of the car.  Sorry. I guess I need to keep my phone on me at all times for photo opportunities. Unfortunately not a lot of detail, but I thought the neighborhood should be aware.
 
I called the Sheriffs non emergency # at 4:41PM to report. They said they would send a patrol. A few minutes later I saw a Sheriffs  SUV K-9 unit go by my house.

[Editor's note:  Never be sorry for not having all the information.  Any report is better than no report so we know it happened, and your safety is far more important than getting a license plate, make or model.  Thanks for what you caught, and we're glad you're safe.]

A similar note from the Sacramento Bee:


In the past two weeks, the Sacramento Police Department has received two reports of suspects claiming to be utility employees. Police say the impersonators knock on front doors and tell the occupants that they need access to the home to inspect gas lines....
Police caution residents to never allow anyone inside their home or yard without proper identification, noting that city and utility workers are always identified by department-issued badges. Just because someone is wearing a hard hat or utility vest does not mean the individual is a city or utility worker.

No comments:

Post a Comment